Join the AAPAAN Council
Serving on the AAPAAN Council is both an honor and a privilege. Council members help plan events, coordinate our scholarship and mentorship programs, and shape the future of the national U.Va. APA network. Consider applying for election to the AAPAAN Council – or nominate someone you know. We elect new members to AAPAAN Council every spring and we would be happy to consider your application or nomination.
Why serve on the Council?
1) Serve and give back to the U.Va. student and alumni community.
2) Network with other U.Va. alumni professionals.
3) Have fun connecting with old friends and meeting new ones.
4) Relive a little of your Wahoo experience!
What does it take to serve on AAPAAN Council? Council Member responsibilities include:
1. Serve a three-year term, with a maximum of two terms.
2. Attend Council meetings twice a year, usually November and May. Generally, one meeting is in Charlottesville , and one meeting is in the metro DC area.
3. Actively serve on at least one AAPAAN Committee — Programs, Communications, Mentoring, Scholarship Program.
4. Donate at least $100 annually to AAPAAN (to the best of one’s ability). The donation can be to AAPAAN’s general operating funds or to the AAPAAN Scholarship fund.
All questions about the AAPAAN council should be directed to Wee Yee (AAPAAN Chair) at email@example.com.