The Cavalier Battalion has enjoyed some incredible success over the past few years.
- Our unit was recognized as the MacArthur Award Winner from among 273 senior ROTC units nationwide as one of the Top 8 programs in the country, ranking 1st in 4th Brigade.
- Our fourth years ranked 3rd in the nation for physical fitness and land navigation scores at camp.
- We had two of our fourth year cadets rank in the Top 10 on the national order of merit list, which ranks approximately 5500 cadets nationwide.
- Cadet Joe Riley is a Rhodes and Truman scholar.
- Cadet Aimee Moores received the highest physical fitness score in the history of camp (398) this summer and earned a fully-funded medical school scholarship to become an Army Doctor.
- Numerous cadets have attended Airborne and Air Assault Schools, and over half of the cadets are studying critical languages such as Chinese, Farsi, Arabic, and Russian.
- With 69 cadets in the battalion, we have nearly doubled the size of our unit in the past few years and now represent the largest ROTC branch on Grounds.
In order to continue this success, we need the support of our alumni. By making a financial contribution to the Cavalier Battalion, you are helping to increase opportunities for cadets at UVa. Donations will help fund the Cadet Association that serves to enhance our training and build esprit de corps for the Cavalier Battalion. The Cadet Association also sponsors team-building activities such as Army 10-miler, top-ranked Ranger Challenge Team, Mosby’s Rangers, Mountain Man Memorial Ruck March and much more.
A donation to the Cavalier Battalion will also help us continue to build our alumni network. Your contributions will fund the Annual Military Appreciation Game tailgate, reunions, the website, and other alumni communications.
Please consider becoming a sponsor of our program. All donations are tax-deductible and will be posted on our website. Donations to the Cavalier Battalion count towards your overall giving to the University, including Capital Campaign, Annual, and Reunions giving, and will receive all due recognition as such.
Platinum Sponsor – $1,000 and above
Gold Sponsor – $500-$999
Silver Sponsor – $250-$499
Bronze Sponsor – $100-$249