The Cavalier Daily Alumni Association’s board of directors recently selected eight individuals for membership on the new financial oversight committee, which will assist The Cavalier Daily.
The members of the committee are:
- Ken Bronfin (Engr. ’81; staffer) is senior managing director of Heart Ventures, a division within the Hearst Corporation that “makes strategic investments in companies operating at the intersection of media and technology.”
- Kemp Dolliver (Com. ’83; advertising manager) is chief investment officer of Cherrystone Hill Capital Management LLC. He has more than 30 years’ experience in investment management and investment banking.
- John Lumpkin (Col. ’71) recently retired as director of Texas Christian University’s Schieffer School of Journalism. He also worked for 37 years with the Associated Press as a reporter, editor, bureau chief and corporate officer.
- Meredith Levien (Col. ’93; staffer) is executive vice president of advertising at The New York Times. Previously, she chief revenue officer for Forbes Media LLC and held various positions with The Atlantic.
- Marty Kady (Col. ’93; news editor) is editor of Politico Pro. He has worked for 21 years as a journalist at small newspapers—such the Winston-Salem Journal—and specialty publications—such as Congressional Quarterly and the Washington Business Journal.
- Sabra Purtill (Col. ’84; copy editor) is senior vice president of investor relations at The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 insurance company. Previously, she was managing director of investor relations and corporate communications at Assured Guaranty, a publicly-traded bond insurer.
- George Rodrigue (Col. ’78; editor-in-chief) is vice president and managing editor of The Dallas Morning News and three-time winner of The Pulitzer Prize.
- Tim Wheeler (Col. ’74; editor-in-chief) has been a reporter for The Baltimore Sun for more than 29 years. He is also a member of The Cavalier Daily Alumni Association’s board of directors.