Following his initial presentation on “Ethics in the Time of Covid-19”, James Childress will lead four highly interactive online seminars on specific pandemic-related ethical topics. Seminar dates and topics appear below. Participants must RSVP to join the seminar series within this registration form.
- You are invited to participate in any or all seminars, but you must register in advance for each session in order to receive the Zoom invitation.
- Each seminar is limited to 20 enrollees. If necessary, waiting lists will be developed.
- All participants must attend the initial presentation on January 10, “Ethics in the Time of Covid-19,” or view the video recording when it becomes available shortly afterwards.
- Each seminar is independent of the other seminars.
- For each seminar, short readings will be made available in advance to session participants.
- To sign up for the seminars, RSVP on the January 10 presentation’s registration form
17 January, 12:00 noon: Respecting Liberty and Protecting Public Health: Securing Compliance with Public Health Directives
31 January, 12:00 noon: Fairly Allocating Ventilators and Vaccines, and Other Scarce Resources
14 February, 12:00 noon: Attending to Religious and Global Perspectives and Conflicts
21 February, 12:00 noon: Making Meaning and Value through Stories: Narrative Ethics in the Pandemic