Welcome to AAPAAN
The Asian and Asian Pacific American Alumni Network of the University of Virginia
As the only pan-University organization dedicated to the Asian & Asian Pacific Islander community, AAPAAN is here to serve you and the 11,000 APA alumni of the University. We’re already the largest non-white U.Va. alumni group. With these numbers come influence, a voice, and the responsibility of using that voice wisely — to benefit not only APA alumni, but also the broader University community.
Our efforts to build a strong alumni network will benefit not only students on Grounds and alumni everywhere, but also the future of APA’s at the University. We hope that you will join our listserv, come to our Regional Chapter events, and support our mission.
To provide an Asian and Asian Pacific American alumni network that builds and supports connections with the University of Virginia community.
- To foster an Asian and Asian Pacific American alumni community by recruiting alumni as members of the network;
- To provide a social network for alumni and current University students;
- To provide a career network for alumni and current University students;
- To aid in the recruitment and retention of Asian and Asian Pacific American students;
- To provide a fundraising vehicle for scholarships for Asian and Asian Pacific American students;
- To mentor current students and enhance their experiences
- To increase Asian and Asian Pacific American presence at the University and exert influence on University policies and practices as appropriate.