We look forward to celebrating the 24th Annual Fall Weekend with you!
Please call and secure your lodging asap as it will be a busy weekend in Charlottesville. To explore local accommodation opportunities, visit the Charlottesville Visitor Bureau’s website.
Most guests typically wear business attire for the Gala dinner, but we want everyone to feel comfortable at our events. Other weekend events are at guests’ discretion, though business casual is commonly worn. A little flair is certainly welcome!
For events that are indoors, masks may be worn at your own discretion. All guests who are able are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, consistent with UVA’s policy for students, faculty, and staff.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 6
- 6:45-9:45pm – Welcome, Quirk Hotel Rooftop Bar
(we also have indoor space reserved, so this event will take place at Quirk Hotel rain or shine. Valet parking is available)
Saturday, October 7
- 3:30-5:00pm – Monticello Tours, Monticello (25 spots available)
- 5:30-9:00pm – Awards Gala Cocktails and Dinner, Montalto
- A Cocktail hour will take place 5:30pm – 6:30pm at Repose, the restored home at the top of Montalto Mountain above Monticello, with an open patio to watch the sunset. Dinner will follow starting at 6:30pm.
Sunday, October 8
- 11:30am-1:00pm – LGBTQ Center Brunch, The LGBTQ Center & Main Lounge (Garden site in case of excellent weather)
- 1:00 PM – Farewell Event, Pavilion Garden II, (Rain site: LGBTQ Center)
*Exact times subject to minor modification; final schedule to be provided one week prior to the event. Seating is unfortunately limited, so please take advantage of early ticket prices!
In addition to the standard Fall Weekend tickets available on the registration page, if you would like to contribute above and beyond to support our mission, several sponsorship levels are available.
- Gold ($500 – $999): up to two tickets and mention in the Fall Weekend program
- Platinum ($1,000 – $2,499): up to two tickets, preferred seating at the Gala, and mention in the Fall Weekend program and live at the gala
- Rainbow ($2,500+): up to four tickets, preferred seating at the Gala, sunset photos and early access at Montalto, and mention in the Fall Weekend program and live at the gala
- Saturday Gala at Montalto, 931 Thomas Jefferson Parkway (Visitor’s Center Address)
- Drive Yourself: Free parking will be available* at the Monticello Visitor’s Center (931 Thomas Jefferson Pkwy, Charlottesville, VA 22902), if you would like to drive yourself. You will then take the quick shuttle up to Montalto.
- Take a Shuttle: If you would like to take a shuttle directly to Montalto, they will be leaving at 5:00 pm on Saturday from the UVA Chapel (145 McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903) and then moving on to the Omni Hotel (Water Street side near the Bus Stop) and Monticello Visitor’s Center (931 Thomas Jefferson Pkwy, Charlottesville, VA 22902). They are first come first served. There will be a second loop if needed. Please look for QVA signs in the buses.
- Weekend Events: For events other than the Gala, transportation will be at your own discretion. The Quirk Hotel has Valet parking available. The closest parking garage for Sunday events is the Central Grounds Garage. Please contact us if you need assistance.
*Only those with accessibility needs will be permitted to park at Montalto. Please contact email@example.com by Friday, October 6 to make arrangements as applicable.
We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable time this weekend. Please ensure the well-being and safety of yourself and those around you. If you choose to enjoy wine or beer, please be sure not to overindulge and make certain that you do not drive. Shuttles at the Gala will get you back to downtown, UVA, and the Monticello Visitor’s Center where you can call a taxi or Uber. You may leave vehicles at the Monticello Visitors Center until 4:00pm on Sunday.
If for any reason or at any time you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, please find a member of the QVA Board of Directors or Alex Winkowski, the LGBTQ Center Coordinator, so that the situation can be addressed.
If you have any other questions about the events, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 806-8090 in an emergency.