Hello supporters of the Virginia Women’s Chorus,
We are writing to let you know that the Virginia Women’s Chorus, now in its 43rd season, will be conducting its Annual Fund Drive on Thursday, September 21 and Saturday, September 23!
We appreciate and depend on your donations to keep VWC the superb organization that it is!
This year, there are two ways you can give to the Chorus:
- Mark your calendars and look out for a phone call from one of our lovely members on either September 21 or 23. You will have the option to be mailed a pledge card or to give over the phone by credit card.
- Donate online.
The Virginia Women’s Chorus is a non-profit CIO and has received no funding from the Department of Music since 1989 when the department ended its funding of single-sex ensembles. Your generous donation allows the chorus to continue fulfilling its mission to bring music and sisterhood into the lives of its members.
Your contribution will help to fund these exciting events and projects:
- Our second annual “Women Against Violence” charity concert, this year entitled, “Let There Be Peace.” The concert will take place on October 14. All proceeds will go to the Heal Charlottesville Fund, which seeks to provide resources and hope to the community in the wake of the events of August 11 and 12.
- Our 2017 Candlelight Concerts. On December 1 and 2, the chorus will bring light and joy to the season, featuring Britten’s Ceremony of Carols.
- Our Spring 2018 Northeast tour. From March 3 to March 8, the chorus will travel up the East coast stopping in Washington D.C., Philadelphia, and New York to put on collaborative concerts.
- A commissioned piece by renowned composer Ola Gjeilo, who is known for his stunning arrangements for women’s voices. The chorus will debut this piece in the Spring of 2019 to celebrate the Bicentennial of the University.
In addition to the happenings listed above, your support is crucial to covering the basic operational costs of the chorus such as paying our director and purchasing sheet music. In short, the Virginia Women’s Chorus would not be possible without you!
We thank you in advance for your generous support.
The Virginia Women’s Chorus
Please direct questions to email@example.com. If you would like to be removed from our email list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of the matter as soon as possible.