We look forward to celebrating the 23rd Annual Fall Weekend with you!
Note: We have continued tracking the weather, and unfortunately have had to make the difficult decision to shift the Saturday evening Gala from Montalto to the Alumni Hall Ballroom. We believe this is the right decision for the safety and comfort of our guests given the likelihood of intense storms and wind, particularly at the top of Montalto mountain. All Friday and Sunday events will be held as scheduled!
FAQ #1: What events are scheduled for the weekend?
- Friday, September 30
- 7pm – 9pm: Welcome Happy Hour, Quirk Hotel Rooftop Bar
(we also have indoor space reserved, so this event will take place at Quirk Hotel rain or shine. Valet parking is available)
- Saturday, October 1
- 5pm – 6:30pm: Gala Cocktail Reception, Alumni Hall Jefferson Ballroom (221 Emmet St S, Charlottesville, VA 22903)
- 6:30pm – 9pm: Gala Awards Dinner, Alumni Hall Jefferson Ballroom
- Parking is free in the lots in front of and behind Alumni Hall
- Sunday, October 2
FAQ #2: What transportation options are in place?
Gala at Alumni Hall:
- Free parking is available in the lots in front of and behind Alumni Hall.
- For guests who cannot drive, there will be a free shuttle with the following stops. We are working to confirm any additions to the route given the new Alumni Hall location and rain. Please check back here for current information:
- In front of Omni Hotel on Water Street (Downtown Mall): 4:30pm departure and 5:00pm departure
- The Corner, in front of University Baptist Church (intersection of Main and 12 1/2th street): 4:40pm departure and 5:10pm departure
- Intersection of JPA and Ruppel Drive: 4:30pm departure and 5:10pm departure
- UVA Chapel: 4:45pm departure and 5:25pm departure
- After the event, these same shuttles will be available to bring guests back to the initial stops.
Weekend events: For events other than the Gala, transportation will be at your own discretion. The Quirk Hotel has Valet parking available. The closest parking garage for Sunday events is Newcomb Hall.
FAQ #3: What COVID precautions will be taken at events?
Given the hurricane, unfortunately outdoor space may be limited. For events that are indoors, masks may be worn at your own discretion. All guests who are able are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, consistent with UVA’s policy for students, faculty, and staff.
FAQ #4: What is the typical attire for the weekend?
Most guests typically wear business attire for the Gala dinner, but we want everyone to feel comfortable at our events. Other weekend events are at guests’ discretion, though business casual is commonly worn. A little flair is certainly welcome!
FAQ #5: Where can I learn more about sponsorship opportunities?
In addition to the standard Fall Weekend tickets available on the registration page, if you would like to contribute above and beyond to support our mission, several sponsorship levels are available.
- Gold ($500 – $999): up to two tickets and mention in the Fall Weekend program
- Platinum ($1,000 – $2,499): up to four tickets, preferred seating at the Gala, and mention in the Fall Weekend program and live at the gala
- Rainbow ($2,500+): up to six tickets, preferred seating at the Gala, sunset photos and early access at Montalto, and mention in the Fall Weekend program and live at the gala