We look forward to celebrating the 23rd Annual Fall Weekend with you!
Note: we are closely monitoring the weather situation with Hurricane Ian. All events will proceed and will be held indoors, and we will send an email to all RSVP’d guests by 5:00PM on Friday, September 30th confirming any weather-related adjustments for the weekend.
FAQ #1: What events are scheduled for the weekend?
- Friday, September 30
- 7pm – 9pm: Welcome Happy Hour, Quirk Hotel Rooftop Bar
(we also have indoor space reserved, so this event will take place at Quirk Hotel rain or shine)
- Saturday, October 1
- 5pm – 6:30pm: Gala Cocktail Reception, Montalto
- 6:30pm – 9pm: Gala Awards Dinner, Montalto
- In the event of severe inclement weather, these events will relocate to Alumni Hall (211 Emmet Street South). If necessary, this venue change announcement will be emailed by 5pm on Friday 9/30 from Brendan@serpentinesociety.org or Lance@serpentinesociety.org.
- Sunday, October 2
FAQ #2: What transportation options are in place?
Gala at Montalto:
- All guests must take a free, quick shuttle from the Monticello Visitor’s Center (931 Thomas Jefferson Pkwy, Charlottesville, VA 22902) to Montalto Mountain.
- To reach the Monticello Visitor’s Center, we recommend guests Uber/Lyft or drive (there is free parking).
- For guests who cannot drive, there will be a free limited shuttle picking with the following stops (times are estimates, please try to arrive early):
- UVA Chapel on Grounds: 4:30pm departure and 5pm departure
- In front of Omni Hotel on Water Street (Downtown Mall): 4:40pm departure and 5:10pm departure
- After the event, these same shuttles will be available to bring guests back to the Monticello Visitor’s Center, the Downtown Mall, and the UVA Chapel
Weekend events: For events other than the Gala at Montalto, transportation will be at your own discretion. The closest parking garage for events on Grounds is Newcomb Hall.
No guests will be able to park at Montalto unless you have accessibility needs (please contact Brendan Wynn by 3 p.m. on Thursday, September 29 at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do).
FAQ #3: What COVID precautions will be taken at events?
Given the hurricane, unfortunately outdoor space may be limited. For events that are indoors, masks may be worn at your own discretion. All guests who are able are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, consistent with UVA’s policy for students, faculty, and staff.
FAQ #4: What is the typical attire for the weekend?
Most guests typically wear business attire for the Gala dinner, but we want everyone to feel comfortable at our events. Other weekend events are at guests’ discretion, though business casual is commonly worn. A little flair is certainly welcome!
FAQ #5: Where can I learn more about sponsorship opportunities?
In addition to the standard Fall Weekend tickets available on the registration page, if you would like to contribute above and beyond to support our mission, several sponsorship levels are available.
- Gold ($500 – $999): up to two tickets and mention in the Fall Weekend program
- Platinum ($1,000 – $2,499): up to four tickets, preferred seating at the Gala, and mention in the Fall Weekend program and live at the gala
- Rainbow ($2,500+): up to six tickets, preferred seating at the Gala, sunset photos and early access at Montalto, and mention in the Fall Weekend program and live at the gala