Theta Chi | Xi Chapter History
Xi Chapter of Theta Chi was founded at the University of Virginia on January 26, 1914.
In 1913, a local fraternity named Eta Pi Rho was established at the University. Shortly thereafter, Eta Pi Rho’s seven members (William A. Adams, L. L. Miller, G. E. Gwinn, T. E. Didlake, L. G. Burton, R. Guy Leebrick, and S. M. Jett Jr.) petitioned the Grand Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity for a local chapter charter. The petition was granted, and the installation of Xi Chapter was held January 26, 1914. The installation committee was composed of National President Dr. Robert L. Irish, National Vice President Edwin D. Huntley, and National Secretary E. Wesson Clark.